Samsung Galaxy S6 T-Mobile has got officially Android Nougat 7.0, now easily update T-Mobile Galaxy S6 to Android Nougat 7.0. Today we share officially Android Nougat firmware for Galaxy S6 smartphone. The update has rolled out via OTA but not all over regions, this tutorial for those users that aren’t received yet OTA notification and want to update our device manually. So below guideline, we describe how to update T-Mobile Galaxy S6 to Android Nougat 7.0.
Android Nougat update can bring your device new features, better improvements, battery life increasing and improve phone performance. So if you are the advanced user and upgrade our device via manual steps, then follow step by step guide and update T-Mobile Galaxy S6 to Android Nougat 7.0. This article only for Samsung Galaxy S6 T-Mobile (SM-G920T), don’t try updating file for any other variants. So proceed the next part of this article below.
- This updating guide only for Samsung Galaxy S6 T-Mobile (SM-G920T), don’t try the updating file for any other device.
- Follow correctly all steps and don’t miss any step during the process. Otherwise, we will not responsible if something goes wrong.
- Charge your smartphone up to 60%, before proceeding the process.
- Backup your important data and save to safe location first of process.
- Perform Factory Reset after completing the installation process.
- Enable USB debugging simply go to Settings > About phone > Build number and tap it 7 times to enable Developer options on your device. Then go back to Settings >Developer options and enable USB Debugging
- Install Samsung USB drivers on your PC from the below link. USB Drivers
- Download the ODIN for installing the update, and unzip the ODIN app. ODIN 3.12.3.
- Download Android Nougat 7.0 firmware update file. Download here
How to Update T-Mobile Galaxy S6 to Android Nougat 7.0
Step 1: First, download Android Nougat 7.0 OS from the above link and extract the archived contents and save on your PC. After extracting you will obtain the G920TUVU5FQE1 tar.md5 firmware update file.
Step 2: Don’t further extract the tar.md5 archive file, that file you have to load Odin tool for flashing.
Step 3: Now Turn OFF your Galaxy S6 properly and Boot to Download Mode. For to do, easily press Power + Volume Down + Home buttons at the same time for a while, when the download mode appears then release the button.
Step 4: Now open the ODIN exe on your computer, and connect your device to your computer via a suitable USB data cable.
- When your smartphone connects properly to your computer then the ODIN detect your device.
Step 5: After that click on the AP button in the ODIN app, and find and load the G920TUVU5FQE1 tar.md5 firmware update file to ODIN.
Step 6: Don’t click any option in the ODIN screen, and click on the Start button to proceed the updating process.
Step 7: Wait for the process, and don’t press any key during the process, until the flashing process is done.
Step 8: Once the installation process is complete, then you will see the PASS alert on ODIN screen.
Step 9: Now unplug your smartphone from your computer, and wait for the first boot it may some time.
Done! Now you have completely update T-Mobile Galaxy S6 to Android Nougat 7.0. Enjoy your smartphone with a new look and better performance. And don’t forget your feedback about this article.
If you have any issue during the process or need some more help. Then leave the comment, we will try to contact you ASA possible.