It was so easy to install any official update firmware on any Huawei smartphone, however nowadays liberating many official updates for different Huawei devices. But it was difficult to find the correct way to install official update firmware on Huawei devices. Accordingly, under the article, we share complete method (guide) to install official update firmware on Huawei devices. We try to write the easy and simple words that can everyone understand on the short time of period. So let’s step down to the tutorial, follow cautiously the whole guideline and understand the method, then follow correct (understandable) method and let update your device with no doubt.
There is four (4) method we described in the article for updating Huawei devices. Every method can do work properly but we recommended you to follow number 3 method. As that method has the best, another method has (optional). So it’s contingent on you whatever you track and which for easy to succeed.
- All guideline only stable for exact Huawei devices. Don’t try this article for any other device.
- Track up complete phases and don’t miss any step during the process. We will not responsible if something goes wrong.
- Charge your smartphone properly before starting the process at least 60%. Because if your device turns off during the process, your device will be a soft break or may more damages on your smartphone.
- Backup your important data and save to safe location, first of process.
How to install Official Update Firmware on Huawei devices
Method 1 using HiSuite:
1: First download files below.
2: Now run Huawei Updater, and check the box Custom ROM and Custom Port.
3: Under Custom ROM enter the correct ROM version for flashing
- For example:
MHA-L29 188.8.131.521) (C432log)
4: Under Custom ROM enter correct ROM URL
5: And then click on “Start” button and accept waiting alert messages.
6: After that connect your phone to HiSuite. And make sure your device recognized by HiSuite and connected properly.
7: Once the HiSuite windows open, then in Hisuite window open Settings> General> Custom Proxy and configure changes:
- Address: 127.0.0.1
- Port: 41279
8: Now go back to main HiSuite windows and click on System update.
9: And then press the Update button and wait for downloading firmware.
10: Once firmware download then your device will reboot and start upgrading.
Method 2 Using HWOTA Tool:
- First, unlock the bootloader of Huawei device.
- Download HWOTA_LON.zip file. Click here
- After that download three files from the download section above. And then rename the update_full_VKY-L**_hw_eu.zip file to update_data_public.zip and update_data_full_public.zip to update_all_hw.zip.
- After that download the HWOTA_MHA.zip from above and extract the file on your PC or your device SD Card.
- And then copy all files (Three files include public file) in the external SD Card inside an HWOTA folder or if you use PC then copy in the given path C:\..\HWOTA\update folder.
Make sure you rename the files that we mentioned above step. (Update_full_VKY-L**_hw_eu.zip file to update_data_public.zip and update_data_full_public.zip to update_all_hw.zip)
- After that run the bat file as an administrator. It will ask you if you copied the files. Then Press any key to continue.
- And then connect your device to your PC and Reboot into Bootloader to do so press and hold Volume Down + Power button at the same time.
- Above step will install TWRP recovery on your phone.
- After that Unplug USB data cable from your device, and turn OFF your Phone. After that press and hold the Volume Up + Power button at the same time to enter TWRP mode.
- And once you enter TWRP mode, then connect the USB cable to your device. And then press Enter button on your PC.
- In this step keep focus, if your files are saved in the HWOTA folder on the SD card, then type 1 and press ENTER. Or if the files are saved in the HWOTA/Update folder on your computer, then type 2 and press ENTER.
- After that, it’ll ask you the update type, again type 1 and press the Enter button two times.
- Good job! Now the installation process should be started on your device. And device easily updates.
Method 3 Using TWRP
1: First Unlock Bootloader on your device and install the custom recovery. If you had previously installed then skip this step.
2: Download update files from above link and save it on your phone.
3: After that Boot your Huawei device to Recovery Mode. For to do press and hold Volume Up + Power button at the same time for a while. Once Huawei logo appears then releases the button.
4: In TWRP menu first flash update.zip file and then move to the next files for flashing without rebooting your device.
5: After that flash update_full_VTR-L**_hw_eu.zip. And then flash update_data_full_public.zip Files. And wait for completing the process.
6: Once the flashing process completes all of it, then Reboot your device.
7: After all wait for the first boot, it takes some time so be patient.
Method 4 using Stock Recovery:
- First, download the zip file and from above link and rename the file update.zip.
- After that turn off your device completely.
- Now press and hold the Volume Up + Power Button at the same time for a while. Your device should be reboot into recovery mode.
- In recovery mode select apply update from sd card.
- And then choose zip file that you have download in upper step.
- Now, wait for completing the installation process.
- Once the process completes then Normally Reboot your device.
- That’s it!
So this is the complete guide to install official update firmware on Huawei devices. For any query leave comments, we will assist you ASA possible