Official Lineage OS 15.1 has live for Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, currently, XDA Recognized developer mikeioannina has released the official Lineage OS 15.1 ROM. The ROM has stable and ready for daily basis usage, also the recommendation for stock user firstly unlock Bootloader, install Custom Recovery and then proceed the installation process on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2. The ROM has advanced features, lightly running and enhanced performance. However, we share under tutorial to install LineageOS 15.1 on Mi Mix 2, follow for the last step all process and get the new ROM on your device with new and overwhelming performance.
Thanks for XDA Recognized member mikeioannina, that are released the initial build of lineage OS 15.1 for Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 device. For installing Android Oreo 8.0 on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, your device must be Rooted and install TWRP recovery. The ROM has not officially released and it may contain some bugs that will be fixed at a time. The Android Oreo will bring all the latest features and apps on your device. So if you are the user of Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 and want to upgrade your device. Then follow step by step guide and install LineageOS 15.1 on Mi Mix 2 smartphone. First, read initial steps and then get towards the main updating guide.
- The updating guide only for Xiaomi Mi Mix 2. Don’t gain the process for any other variants. Cause it may brick or damage your device.
- Follow-up step by step guide and don’t miss anything, if something goes wrong we will not be responsible. Proceed at their own risk.
- The Lineage OS 15.1 Android Oreo 8.0 has the initial build and it may contain some bugs.
- To installing new ROM on your device, it may erase your important data. So we advise you first Backup your important data and then proceed the process.
- First, unlock the bootloader on your device and Install TWRP Recovery, then proceed the updating guide.
- Enable USB debugging on your device, simply go to settings> about phone> MIUI Version and tap on it 7 or 10 times. Then you will notify “you are a developer”
- Then go back to settings> developer options and enable USB debugging.
- Properly charge your device before starting the process. At least 60% and then proceed.
- Lineage OS 15.1 ROM for Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 smartphone.
- Android 8.0 Gapps For Xiaomi Mi Mix 2.
- Magisk for Xiaomi Mi Mix 2.
How to Install LineageOS 15.1 on Mi Mix 2
1: First of all, download the Lineage OS 15 ROM, Google Apps and Magisk from the above link and save it on your device.
2: After that, turn OFF your Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 and boot into Recovery Mode. For to do so press and hold the Volume Up + Power button at the same time for a while.
3: Now take a Nandroid Backup. And then wipe your device, in recovery menu go to Wipe> Advanced Wipe> Select Wipe Cache, Dalvik Cache, System and proceed the process.
4: After that go back to the main recovery menu and select the install option. And then find and select the Custom ROM zip file. And proceed the process of installing on your device.
5: Once the installation process complete then go back to the Recovery main menu. And perform the same method for Google Apps zip file and Magisk (SuperSu) file and install it.
6: And once the installation process completes all of it. Then wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your phone.
That’s it! Now you have successfully install LineageOS 15.1 on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 phone. Keep enjoy your smartphone with the latest firmware and new features.