Moto X4 device has caught most recent Android Oreo 8.1 update, recently the new update has attained all users of Moto X4 Android One Edition. The new Android Oreo 8.1 has expansion new features and stable Oreo build which number has OPW28.1. However, the update hasn’t released via OTA (Over The Air), therefore we share the manual method to install Android Oreo 8.1 on Moto X4 Android One Edition. So, track all guide and get the latest update on Moto X4 Android One Edition with no misgiving.
The Android Oreo 8.1 build has conveyed all Oreo features that’s are incrustation overwhelming appearance and reckless performance. Thanks for XDA member Neffy27 who collective the latest file for install Android Oreo 8.1 on Moto X4 Android One Edition. The new firmware has established and bug fix performance along with new sorts like floating Navigation dock, home screen shortcuts, PIP mode and others equable stuff with latest results. Accordingly, the guideline has manual manner, follow all phases and get the latest update on your device, or waiting for official version then wait for it and once it will arrive then follow on-screen instruction and install Android Oreo 8.1 on Moto X4 Android One Edition.
First of the process check it out the update manually, simply go to Settings > About > System Update > and check for update. So if the update available the follow on-screen instruction and update your device. Otherwise, follow underneath article and download Android Oreo for Moto X4, and install by the simple and easy way.
- Below guideline only forMoto X4 XT1900-1. So don’t try given steps for any other variants.
- Correctly follow step by step guide and don’t miss any step during the process. Otherwise, we are not liable for any loss or damage to your device. Proceed at their own risk.
- Properly charge your device battery before the process, if your device turns off during the process. It may damage or brick your device.
- Backup your important data and save to correct place, it’s not important but keep take for safer side.
- Enable USB debugging from Setting> Developer option>and enable USB debugging. If your device developer option is not enabled, then go to Setting> About Phone and tap on the build number 7 times then your device developer option will be enabled.
- Download Moto X4 Android 8.1 Oreo OTA (Blur_Version.28.11.15.payton_fi.google_fi.en.US.zip) Download Link
How to Install Android Oreo 8.1 on Moto X4
1: First, download the Moto X4 OPW 28.1 OTA zip from the above link.
2: And then Copy the zip file to the folder where ADB installed.
3: After that switch OFF your Moto X4 properly, and boot into recovery mode. For to do press and hold the Volume Down button for 2 or 3 seconds and then press the power button and released it. Use the Volume Up & Volume Down key for selecting the option.
4: In recovery menu choose Apply update from ADB, and connect your phone to computer.
5: Now open command prompt window, simply press and hold the Shift key and right-click in the ADB folder in empty space and select the open command window here option.
6: And now check your connection by typing the below command and press enter key.
- If your device is listed, then you’re ready to flash the ROM.
7: Now Flash the Android Oreo OTA Zip on your Moto X4 by typing below command.
adb sideload File Name.zip
8: Wait for completing the process and once the process complete then Reboot your device.
9: That’s it!
1: Download Moto X4 OPW 28.1 OTA zip file from the download section.
2: And then copy the downloaded file and paste into your device internal storage (SD Card).
3: Now Turn Off your phone and boot into recovery mode. For to do so simply press and hold the Volume Up + Volume Down + Power button at the same time for a while.
4: Once your device boot into Recovery mode then select option apply update from sd card.
5: Now select the OTA zip file that you downloaded in the download section above. And start the flashing process.
6: Wait for updating process, and once the process complete, then Reboot your device
That’s it! Now you have install Android Oreo 8.1 on Moto X4. So this is the easy and simple method to install the OTA zip on your device if you have any problem. Then leave the comment below and don’t forget your feedback.