The Lineage OS 15 ROM is live for Moto G4 Plus smartphone. If you are the user of Moto G4 Plus and want to upgrade Android Oreo 8.0. Then you are the correct place just follow the full guideline and upgrade Moto G4 Plus Android Oreo 8.0 via LineageOS custom ROM. The Android Oreo 8.0 LineageOS Custom ROM is not the official version. And the Motorola manufacturer does not yet release the OTA update for Moto G4 Plus smartphone. So if you cannot wait for the official version Android Oreo and install custom ROM then follow the full guideline and install Android Oreo 8.0 on Moto G4 Plus via LineageOS ROM.
For installing Android Oreo 8.0 on Moto G4 Plus, your device must be Rooted and install TWRP recovery. The ROM has not officially released and it may contain some bugs that will be fixed with a time. The Android Oreo will bring all the latest features and apps on your device. So if you are the user of Moto G4 Plus and want to upgrade your device. Then follow below step by step guide and install Android Oreo 8.0 on Moto G4 Plus smartphone. First, read initial steps and then get towards the main updating guide.
- The updating guide only for Moto G4 Plus. Don’t gain the process for any other variants. Cause it may brick or damage your device.
- Follow-up step by step guide and don’t miss anything, if something goes wrong we will not be responsible. Proceed at their own risk.
- The Lineage OS 15 Android Oreo 8.0 has the initial build and it may contain some bugs.
- To installing new ROM on your device, it may erase your important data. So we advise you first Backup your important data and then proceed the process.
- First, unlock the bootloader on your device and then gain the updating guide.
- Enable USB debugging on your device, simply go to settings> about phone> Developer Option and tap on it 7 or 10 times. Then you will notify “you are developer”
- Then go back to settings> developer options and enable USB debugging.
- Properly charge your device before starting the process. At least 60% and then proceed.
- Download Lineage OS 15 ROM for Moto G4 Plus.
- Download Android 8.0 GApps For Moto G4 Plus.
- Download Magisk for Moto G4 Plus.
How to Install Android Oreo 8.0 on Moto G4 Plus
Step 1: First of all, download the Lineage OS 15 ROM, Google Apps and Magisk from the above link and save it on your device.
Step 2: After that, turn OFF your Moto G4 Plus and boot into Recovery Mode. For to do so press and hold the Volume Up + Power button at the same time for a while.
Step 3: Now take a Nandroid Backup. And then wipe your device, in recovery menu go to Wipe> Advanced Wipe> Select Wipe Cache, Dalvik Cache, System and proceed the process.
Step 4: Now go back to the main recovery menu and select the install option. And then find and select the Custom ROM zip file. And proceed the process for installing on your device.
Step 5: Once the installation process complete then go back to the Recovery main menu. And perform the same method for Google Apps zip file and Magisk (SuperSu) file and install it.
Step 6: And once the installation process completes all of it. Then wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your phone.
That’s it! Now you have successfully install Android Oreo 8.0 on Moto G4 Plus smartphone. Keep enjoy your smartphone with the latest firmware and new features.