Xiaomi Mi5 s Plus one of the great device in Xiaomi smartphones, it has all the latest features, new look, better performance and likeable shape. Xiaomi Mi 5S Plus has all the latest features and apps, but advanced users also tasted new updating on our device for a new and different look from other devices. So today we share about to update Xiaomi Mi5 s Plus to Lineage OS 14.1 firmware. This updates can bring your device new Android Nougat 7.1.2 features, latest apps, more improved performance and smoothly runs. Follow below updating guide if you are the advanced user and want to flash your device a custom ROM. This custom ROM has developed by Lineage OS team and it has all the latest Android Nougat 7.1.2 features. Follow the step by step guide and update Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus to Lineage OS 14.1 firmware.
Below post we show you to install Lineage OS 14.1 on Xiaomi Mi 5s, this new Custom ROM have various bug fixes. Try this update on your smartphone and get the new experience like multi-window mode, battery life increasing, night mode and much more. To performing this updating, your device must be install Custom Recovery and over rooted your Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus. So gain the process and update Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus to Lineage OS 14.1 Custom ROM with new apps and better performance, the below step toward the next part of this article.
- This article only for Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus, so we advise you don’t follow this article for any other variants. It may brick or damage your device.
- Follow up step by step guide and don’t leave any step during the process, otherwise, we will not responsible. If you will get a loss or any other issue on your device.
- Take a complete backup of your device before gaining the process, and save to safe location.
- Properly charge you smartphone up to 60%, cause if your device turning off during the process then you will be lost your smartphone.
- Your device must Unlock Bootloader, Install custom recovery and over Rooted before the process.
- And perform Dalvik Cache wipe first of proceeding the process.
- Download Lineage OS 14.1 ROM (natrium) from given link. Lineage OS 14.1 ROM
- Download Google Apps for Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus. Gapps
- Download TWRP recovery for Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus. TWRP Recovery
If you have Xiaomi Mi 5 and want to upgrade then must read: Update Xiaomi Mi 5 to Android Nougat Nexus ROM
How to Update Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus to Lineage OS 14.1 (Android Nougat)
Step 1: First download Lineage OS 14.1 ROM & Gapps from the above link and save to your computer.
Step 2: Now connect your device to PC through via USB data cable.
Step 3: Once your device connected properly to your computer, then copy the downloaded Lineage OS 14.1 ROM zip file and past on your device internal storage (SD Card/Phone Memory). And make sure you have added the file over the rooted folder on your device storage.
Step 4: And then Switch OFF your phone and disconnect your device from the USB cable.
Step 5: After that enter your device to Recovery Mode. For to do press and hold Volume Down + Power buttons at the same time for a while.
Step 6: Once you enter to Recovery Mode, then select ‘Wipe’, and then Advanced Wipe, Select “Cache”, “System” and Data partitions to be wiped and Swipe to Wipe.
Step 7: And then go back to the main menu and tap on the ‘Install’ button. And now navigate the Lineage OS 14.1 zip from the internal storage that you download in the download section.
Step 8: Now Start the installation process, and wait for completing the process.
Step 9: Once the installation process complete, then perform again the installation process for Gapps.zip file.
Step 10: After completing the installation process then Reboot your smartphone by pressing the Reboot System button.
Done! This is the complete guide to update Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus to Lineage OS 14.1 ROM, now enjoy your device with a new look and new features.
If you have any problem to performing the process, then feel free and leave the comment. We will assist you to solve your problem ASA possible.