Android Nougat 7.0 has rolled out for Sprint Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge CDMA device. Now the Android Nougat easily install on Galaxy S6 Edge. The update has rolled out via OTA but not all devices are being upgraded at the same time. Thus some users that aren’t notified for OTA update yet and want to upgrade our device to Android Nougat 7.0 firmware. For those users, we share the manually update Sprint Galaxy S6 Edge CDMA to Android Nougat 7.0 via ODIN tool. Follow and upgrade our device by simple and easy steps.
The updating guide can bring your device performance improve, battery life increase, the new app will arrive. And some more useful up gradation you will see after completing the updating process. Also, we mention this updating tutorial only for Sprint Samsung Galaxy S6 CDMA devices. Don’t try this updating file for any other device it may be brick or damage your smartphone. And if your device running a custom ROM, then you can easily restore to stock Android firmware using the below guideline and tools.
- This updating guide only for Sprint Samsung Galaxy S6 CDMA (SM-G925P), don’t try the updating file for any other device.
- Follow correctly all steps and don’t miss any step during the process. Otherwise, we will not responsible if something goes wrong.
- Charge your smartphone up to 60%, before proceeding the process.
- Backup your important data and save to safe location first of process.
- Perform Factory Reset after completing the installation process.
- Enable USB debugging simply go to Settings > About phone > Build number and tap it 7 times to enable Developer options on your device. Then go back to Settings >Developer options and enable USB Debugging
- Download and Install Samsung USB drivers on your PC from the given link. USB Drivers
- Download the ODIN for installing the update, and unzip the ODIN app.ODIN 3.12.3.
- Download Android Nougat 7.0 firmware update file for Sprint Galaxy S6 Edge. Download here
Also, Read: Download and Update T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S6 to Android 7.0 Nougat
How to Update Sprint Galaxy S6 Edge CDMA to Android Nougat 7.0
Step 1: First, download Android Nougat 7.0 OS from the above link and extract the archived contents and save on your PC. After extracting you will obtain the G925PVPU4DQC7 Android 7 tar.md5 firmware update file.
Step 2: Don’t further extract the tar.md5 archive file, that file you have to load Odin tool for flashing.
Step 3: Now Turn OFF your Galaxy S6 properly and Boot to Download Mode. For to do, easily press Power + Volume Down + Home button at the same time for a while, when the download mode appears then release the button.
Step 4: Now open the ODIN exe on your computer, and connect your device to your computer via a suitable USB data cable.
- When your smartphone connects properly to your computer then the ODIN detect your device.
Step 5: After that click on the AP button in the ODIN app, and find and load the G925PVPU4DQC7 Android 7 tar.md5 firmware update file in ODIN.
Step 6: Don’t click any option in the ODIN screen, and click on the Start button to proceed the updating process.
Step 7: Wait for the process, and don’t press any key during the process, until the flashing process is done.
Step 8: Once the installation process is complete, then you will see the PASS alert on ODIN screen.
Step 9: Now unplug your smartphone from your computer, and wait for the first boot it may some time.
Here you go! Now you have completely update Sprint Galaxy S6 Edge CDMA to Android Nougat 7.0. Enjoy your smartphone with a new look and better performance. And don’t forget your feedback about this article.
If you need some more help then comment below, we will try to contact you ASA possible.