Recently CyanogenMod team has released the official CM13.0 based on Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 firmware. The CM13 custom ROM has stable and smoothly run on LG G2. Follow the step by step guide and get update our device to Marshmallow firmware with latest apps, new features and also some advanced features, That do not come with official Marshmallow firmware. So get up the official CM13.0 custom ROM and install on your device for more increasing your device performance and better result of battery life. In below article, we share how to update LG G2 to Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 via CM13.0 custom ROM.
The CM13 custom ROM has not the official way from Google or LG manufacturer. This provides the third party developers, and its procedures are fully manual. So after installing the firmware on your device, the warranty will be voided if you have. But you will get many advanced features on your device. That is bitterly performing your device OS and smoothly runs in every installed app. Follow below if you are interested to update LG G2 to Android Marshmallow with official CM13 Custom ROM. So firstly follow up the initial important info and then get towards the main updating guide steps by step.
- The updating firmware only for LG G2 D802 variants. So don’t try this firmware for any other variants.
- Follow step by step guide correctly and don’t miss any step, if something goes wrong we will not responsible proceed at their own risk.
- Properly charge your smartphone before the process, at least 60% first of process.
- Fully back up your data, it will erase entire data after proceeding this process. So first of process take a complete backup and then proceed the process.
- Your smartphone must Rooted and TWRP Recovery will installed.
- Then go to Settings > About phone > Build number and tap it 7 times to enable Developer options on your device.
- After that go back to Settings >Developer options and enable USB Debugging.
- Download CM 13.0 Custom ROM for LG G2 D802 CM 13.0 Custom ROM
- Download GApps for CM 13.0 Custom ROM. GApps
How to Update LG G2 to Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 with CM 13.0 Custom ROM
Step 1: First, download the CM 13.0 Custom ROM for LG G2 and GApps from the above link.
Step 2: After downloading save the CM 13.0 and Gapps on your device. And don’t unzip the firmware.
Step 3: After that boot your smartphone to Recovery Mode. For that press and hold the Volume Down + Power button simultaneously and release the button when you see the LG Logo and then press again Volume Down + Power button and keep doing this process, until you see the Custom Recovery menu.
Step 4: Now get Nandroid Backup and then perform a Factory Reset, simply go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe, select “wipe cache”, “Dalvik cache”, “System” and “data” and swipe to confirm it to perform the process.
Step 5: After that, go to the main menu and select install option and navigate from internal storage the ROM zip file. And swipe to install the ROM file on your device.
Step 6: Once complete the process, then go back and flash the Gapps zip file as the same method.
Step 7: Now wipe cache, Dalvik cache and then Reboot your phone.
That’s it! This is the simple and easy method to update LG G2 to Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 via CM 13.0 Custom ROM. Share your feedback about this article.
If you have any question comment below, we try to contact you ASA possible.