Android Nougat NPN 26.118-22 OTA update has rolled out for Moto Z Play. Check it out The OTA notification, if you got the notification then follow and update your device. Otherwise, you didn’t receive yet the OTA notification then we share today how to update Moto Z Play Android Nougat. So if you are the user of Moto Z Play and can’t wait for the OTA update then follow below article and update Moto Z Play Android Nougat.
The updating process we share manually to install Android Nougat on Moto Z Play. And file size about 1,001 MB in size, so for downloading the updating file use the Wi-Fi connection to easily download and also got the suitable USB data cable for performing the updating process on your device. Download NPN 26.118-22 Nougat OTA updates file from below and proceed the process.
- Below guideline only for Indian Moto Z Play. So don’t try given steps for any other variants.
- Correctly follow step by step guide and don’t miss any step during the process. Otherwise, we are not liable for any loss or damage on your device. Proceed at their own risk.
- Properly charge your device battery before the process, if your device turns off during the process. It may damage or brick your device.
- Backup your important data and save to correct place, it’s not important but keep take for safer side.
- Enable USB debugging from Setting> Developer option>and enable USB debugging. If your device developer option is not enabled, then go to Setting> About Phone and tap on the build number 7 times then your device developer option will be enabled.
How to Update Moto Z Play Android Nougat
Step 1: First, download the NPN 26.118-22 OTA zip from the above link.
Step 2: And then Copy the zip file to the folder where ADB installed.
Step 3: After that Switch OFF your Moto Z Play properly, and boot into recovery mode. For to do press and hold the Volume Down button for a 2 or 3 seconds and then press the power button and released it. Use the Volume Up & Volume Down key for selecting the option.
Step 4: In recovery menu choose Apply update from ADB, and connect your phone to computer.
Step 5: Now open command prompt window, and simply press and hold the Shift key and right-click in the ADB folder in empty space and select the open command window here option.
Step 6: And now check your connection by typing the below command and press enter key.
- If your device is listed, then you’re ready to flash the ROM.
Step 7: Now Flash the Android Nougat OTA Zip on your Moto Z Play by typing below command.
adb sideload File Name.zip
Step 8: Wait for completing the process and once the process complete then Reboot your device.
Step 1: Download Android Nougat OTA zip file for Moto Z Play from the download section.
Step 2: And then copy the downloaded file and paste on your device internal storage (SD Card).
Step 3: Now Turn Off your phone and boot into recovery mode. For to do so simply press and hold the Volume Up + Volume Down + Power button at the same time for a while.
Step 4: Once your device boot into Recovery mode then select option apply update from sd card.
Step 5: Now select the OTA zip file that you downloaded in the download section above. And start the flashing process.
Step 6: Wait for updating process, and once the process complete. Then Reboot your device
That’s it! Now you have update Moto Z Play Android Nougat. So this is the easy and simple method to install the OTA zip on your device if you have any problem. Then leave the comment below and don’t forget your feedback.