Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Canadian device has got Android Nougat firmware. Galaxy Note 5 has already rolled out the Nougat firmware. But not all over region got the notification, it has rolled out some of the regions. So if you are one of them and not receive yet OTA notification on your device. Then follow step by step tutorial and update Galaxy Note 5 to Android Nougat firmware. It has all the latest features, new apps and smoothly running’s.
The given Android Nougat 7.0 firmware has only for Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Canadian device and model number has SM-N920W8, don’t follow the update file for any other device. Download official Nougat firmware with build version N920W8VLU4CQC9 and install it manually using ODIN tool. And be keep mind, if your device has rooted or installed custom Recovery then you haven’t able to get OTA notification on your device. In that condition, you have only the manual method to update Galaxy Note 5 to Android Nougat 7.0.
- Above updating file only for Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Canadian device (SM-N920W8), don’t apply for any other device.
- Don’t miss any step in during the process. Otherwise, we will not be liable if anything goes wrong.
- If you have any other model number and want to update then see in the given link. Find out and proceed at the same way. See here
- Fully charge your smartphone before starting the process.
- Backup your data and save to safe location, for safety side.
- Enable USB debugging, for to do go to Settings > About phone > Build number and tap it 7 times to enable Developer options on your device. Then go back to Settings >Developer options and enable USB Debugging
- Download and install Samsung USB drivers on your PC. USB Drivers
- Download ODIN tool from here. Odin
- Download Android Nougat 7.0 Firmware for Galaxy Note 5. Zip file Mirror
Update Galaxy Note 5 to Android Nougat 7.0 Firmware
Step 1: First, download the Android Nougat 7.0 for Galaxy Note 5. And place the zip file on your computer desktop for easy to find. And then unzip the file.
Step 2: And then Shut down your smartphone properly, once your device turn off then enter your device to Download mode, for to do press and hold the Volume Down + Home + Power button at the same time for a while. After that press Volume Up button to enter the download Mode.
Step 3: Now launch the Odin and connect your Galaxy Note 5 to your computer using USB data cable.
Step 4: Once your device connects to your PC properly then Added message show on the Odin screen, and the ID: COM port should be blue.
Step 5: After that, click on the AP option on the Odin window and navigate and load the firmware file with .tar.md5 extension
Step 6: Click the Start button, once you load the file to Odin tool.
Step 7: Wait for the installation process. Once the installation process complete then you should see the PASS alert on the Odin screen and your device will be reboot automatically.
Step 8: Now unplug your smartphone from your PC, it will take some time for the first boot so be patient and wait for it.
Here you go! Now you have successfully update Galaxy Note 5 to Android Nougat 7.0, enjoy your device with a new firmware. And don’t be hesitated if you have any doubt, feel free and leave the comment below.