Install Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 on Samsung Galaxy S5, today we share about to install Android Marshmallow on galaxy S5 Canadian Model. Follow up the tutorial if you have Galaxy S5 Canadian device and want to update to latest firmware. This update is the manual method and the OTA is not received for S5 yet, so follow the article and taste your smartphone to the latest firmware.
Update your Galaxy S5 to Marshmallow 6.0.1, but your device must be rooted and custom recovery will install on your smartphone. So follow the full tutorial and don’t skip any step in the below guide.
- The below guideline compatible only for Canadian editions. EastLink, Koodo Mobile, Bell Mobile, Telus, SaskTel. And the model number supported is SM–G900W8.
- Do not use this article for another or same devices.
- Backup your important data, and save on the safe location before starting the process.
- Charge your Galaxy S5 up to 60% and then proceed.
- Download the suitable Samsung USB drivers and install on your computer. Download here
- Download Odin3 v3.10.7 file and unzip the tool. Download here
- Download the Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 firmware, get it your device model and download the firmware from below.
- Canada EastLink here
- Canada Koodo Mobile here
- Canada SaskTel here
- Canada Bell Mobile here
- Canada Telus here.
Install Android Marshmallow on Galaxy S5 Canadian Model
Step 1: Download the Android firmware for the specific model from the above links and extract the contents on your PC.
Step 2: Once you extract the content, then you should obtain the G900W8VLU1DPD3 tar.md5 firmware file. And don’t extract tar.md5 file.
Step 3: Now power OFF your device completely using the Power button.
Step 4: And boot your smartphone to Download Mode, simply press and hold the Power + Volume Down + Home button at the same time for a while. And release the button, when you see the warning message.
Step 5: Now launch the Odin on your computer.
Step 6: And then connect your Galaxy S5 to your computer using USB data cable.
Step 7: After that go the Odin main screen and click the AP button. Find the G900W8VLU1DPD3 tar.md5 firmware file. And load it to Odin.
Step 8: And then press the Start button to flash the Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 updating process.
Step 9: Wait for the installation process, and once the installation process was done. Then you can see the PASS alert on the Odin screen and your device will be Reboot automatically.
That’s it! Now you have install Android Marshmallow on Galaxy S5 successfully. Keep enjoy the new firmware and new features on your smartphone.
Leave the comments if you have any issue or want to ask the question. We will try to contact you ASA possible.