The Samsung Galaxy A8 has received the official Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 firmware. If you are the owner of Galaxy A8 and want to update Android Marshmallow then follow the full tutorial and install Android Marshmallow on Galaxy A8. This is the easy and simple guideline for installing the Marshmallow firmware on your smartphone.
The Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 is the official firmware, follow the article. But keep in your mind this tutorial for advanced users, and that know about using the Odin app and other stuff about the installation of firmware in a smartphone by a manually method. So follow up the guideline and first of all read carefully the initial step, it’s very important for your experience to installation the Android Marshmallow on Galaxy A8.
- This tutorial only for Samsung Galaxy A8 SM-A8001 model smartphone. Don’t try this guideline for another or same device.
- Backup your smartphone data and save to the safe location before proceeding the process.
- Charge your Galaxy A8 battery, at least 70% to perform this operation.
- Download the suitable USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy A8, and install on your PC. Download here
- If your smartphone running on the Stock firmware then you will not require any changes in your firmware. If you have installed the custom ROM then factory reset your smartphone.
- The factory reset steps will wipe all your system data. In the factory reset, you will be required to wipe clean the system partition. After cleaning your device will remove the installed apps and custom ROM completely.
- Follow the full article and don’t leave any step in this tutorial, after all, don’t blame. If something goes wrong, keep proceeding at their own risk.
How to install Android Marshmallow on Galaxy A8
Step 1: download the Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 official update from the above link. Unzip the archived files, and save on your PC. After unzipping the update file, then you should obtain the A800IXXU2BPG7 tar.md5 firmware file. And don’t unzip the tar.md5 file.
Step 2: Download the Odin 3.10.7 app and unzip the file. Download here
Step 3: Now turn OFF your smartphone completely. And boot to Download Mode.
Step 4: For that press and hold the Home + Power + Volume Up button at the same time for a while.
Step 5: And then launch the Odin tool. And connect your Galaxy A8 to your PC using the suitable USB data cord.
Step 6: Now go to the Odin screen and click on the AP button. And navigate the Android 6.0.1 A800IXXU2BPG7 tar.md5 update file.
Step 7: After that press the Start button, to proceed the process. And wait for the flashing process.
Step 8: Once the flashing process is done, then in the Odin screen you will see the Pass alert and your smartphone will be Reboot.
Done! You have it, now you install Android Marshmallow on Galaxy A8. Keep enjoy your smartphone with new features and latest firmware.
Don’t forget your feedback about this article, leave the comments in the comments box.