OnePlus another enormous flagship imminent out to the market OnePlus 6, with an excellent concert and latest platform. Recently OnePlus manufacturer released one more high superiority device with the mid-range price to the shop. And add up some progressive featuring, that amaze user. OnePlus 6 has powered by 8.1 Oreo platform, pleasant 6.28 inches 1080 x 2280 pixels display, 16 + 20 megapixels primary dual Camera and 16 megapixels Front-facing camera, Octa-core Processor, 8/6 GB RAM, 64/128/256 GB storage. Meanwhile, all capabilities are available on OnePlus 6, but some users can’t like stock ROM because it hasn’t install third-party apps and custom ROM. Hence we provide rooting process below that’s easy to root OnePlus 6 with several phases.
Basically, rooting process is most important part of the device, after rooting the phone is appropriate for installing unofficial ROM, Apps, Games and other more efforts, that’s aren’t accepted Stock ROM. Rooting process gaining the device to:-
- Allow unofficial apps
- Removing internal restriction.
- Installing Custom ROMs.
- Upgrading latest Android OS.
- Install any custom recovery.
- Increased power battery
- Increasing phone performance
- Fully backup of the smartphone, and much more.
- The rooting guide stable only on OnePlus 6 variants. So don’t follow below-rooting file for any other device. Cause it may brick or damage your device.
- Follow the on-screen instruction below and don’t add or less any steps in the given article. Others way if you get some loss or any other issue on your device we will not liable. So proceed at their own risk.
- Turn Off Anti-virus if you have or any other security.
- Enable USB debugging, for to do go to settings> about phone> build number and tap on 7 times. Then you will notify “you are a developer”.
- Now go back to settings> developer options and enable USB debugging.
- And then go to “Lock Screen & Security” and switch ON “Unknown Sources” tab. If you don’t find this option you can find using the search function.
- Backup your important data and save to safe location first of process.
- Properly charge your device at least 60%, if during process your device turns off. It may soft brick or any other issue creates on your device.
How to install TWRP Recovery and Root OnePlus 6
- First, download and set up ADB fastboot driver on your PC.
- Enable USB debugging that we describe above section.
- Unlock bootloader of Oneplus 6.
- Make sure your OnePlus 6 has updated to OxygenOS v5.1.5
1) Download and Transfer the TWRP installer zip file to your OnePlus 6.
2) Now open the folder where you saved OnePlus 6 TWRP boot .img file.
3) And then open a command window inside that folder. To do that, press and hold Shift + Right click empty space inside the folder and then select Open command window here.
4) After that connect your OnePlus 6 to the PC. And type the following command.
adb reboot bootloader
- If you get a permission dialogue pop up on your OnePlus 6 Allow USB debugging, then tap OK.
5) Rename the TWRP boot image file from twrp-noverity-3.2.1-oneplus6-h2os-180513-1.img to twrp-boot-noverity.img on your PC.
6) Now Reboot your device into TWRP recovery using the command below
fastboot boot twrp-boot-noverity.img
7) After that, you will see TWRP recovery. When asked, “do not allow for system modification” (do not swipe, thus).
8) Important! Change the partition slot now. Tap on Reboot, then on change slot. (Change the slot form A to B, or B to A, as applicable to your device.)
9) Now tap on Install and then select the TWRP installer zip file that you transferred to your device.
How to Root OnePlus 6 using Magisk
- Now download the Magisk file and transfer on your OnePlus 6.
- And then connect your device to PC using the USB cable.
- After that in TWRP menu, tap on Install option and select the Magisk file, and then swipe to confirm the installation.
- Once Magisk file is flashed on your device, then Reboot System option, and reboot your device.
- That’s all.
So this is the complete guide to Root OnePlus 6. Follow correctly and get the root access on your device. Or if you have any trouble then feel free and leave comments in the comments box.