Huawei moved another efficacious firmware rolled out for Huawei P8 Lite 2017/Honor 8 Lite with EMUI 8.0. The new update has accessible on P8 Lite/ Honor 8 Lite, but the process we described below manually manner. So if you are the users of Huawei P8 Lite/Honor 8 Lite, then follow the complete guide and install Android Oreo on Huawei P8 Lite 2017/Honor 8 Lite with few phases. However, the firmware is based on the latest Emotion UI 8.0, that brings Project Treble support.
The users of Huawei P8 Lite 2017 PRA, firstly to rebrand our device to Honor 8 Lite AL00C/AL00X/TL10C B220. Formerly they can install Android Oreo on Huawei P8 lite 2017. Essentially the beta Chines Android Oreo firmware has released for Honor 8 Lite, consequently, the update has released for Chines Variants, but the European users must rebrand first of the process. Android Oreo (EMUI 8.0) firmware for Huawei P8 Lite/Honor 8 Lite has come with the PRA-AL00X B220 build number. Cautiously checked your device and keep the process to install Android Oreo on Huawei P8 Lite 2017/Honor 8 Lite with the latest platform.
- Follow this article only for Huawei P8 Lite 2017/Honor 8 Lite variants. So don’t try the updating file for any other device.
- First, you have must rebrand your PRA to HONOR 8 LITE AL00C/AL00X/TL10C B220 version.
- Follow the complete guide and don’t miss any step during the process, we will not responsible if something goes wrong, continue at their own risk.
- Charge your smartphone properly before starting the process. Cause if your device turn off during the process, your device will be a soft break or may more damages on your smartphone.
- Backup your important data and save to safe place, first of process.
- Android Oreo 8.0 update.zip for Huawei P8 Lite 2017/Honor 8 Lite (PRA-al00c/al00x/tl10c). Download Link
- Download nocheck recovery for Huawei P8 Lite 2017/Honor 8 Lite. Download Link
How to Install Android Oreo On Huawei P8 Lite 2017/Honor 8 Lite
- Initially, unlock the bootloader of Huawei P8 Lite 2017/Honor 8 Lite and install a TWRP recovery. If device unlocked bootloader and custom recovery already installed, then bounce this phases.
- Download Huawei P8 Lite 2017 Oreo update.zip from above link, and placed it on external storage of Huawei P8 lite 2017.
- Boot your device into TWRP Recovery mode, simply, Turn off the device, and press and hold Power + Volume Down buttons at the same time, once light turn on, then free power button and keep pushed Volume Down button until the device enters into TWRP Recovery Mode.
- In the TWRP Manu, Click Install > Select Image Install > Select nocheck.img and install in the recovery partition.
- After that, In TWRP menu, Click Advanced > Select Terminal and sort the below command
echo –update_package=/sdcard/update.zip > /cache/recovery/command
- And then in TWRP terminal type “reboot recovery”. The device should be restart automatically and the installation process will be complete.
- Before booting the device, go into stock Huawei recovery and perform a data format, after that reboot the device.
How to Install Project Treble on Huawei P8 Lite 2017/Honor 8 Lite
- First, download the AOSP GSI from, Download Link
- Install TWRP Oreo version, Download Link
- Use the below command to flash recovery
fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk Oreotwrp.img
- In the twrp oreo, click on install> install image and select system-arm64-aonly-gapps-su.img, and install to a “system image” partition.
- Now Wipe and Format Data to f2fs, wipe cache/dalvik.
- And Reboot your device.
The complete guide we share in the article, follow and install Android Oreo on Huawei P8 Lite 2017/Honor 8 Lite with Project Treble support. If you have any queries comment below.