Good news for the users of Sony Xperia Z2, the Android Nougat is now available for Xperia Z2. Nowadays the XDA developer has released the CM14 custom ROM for Sony Xperia Z2. So if you are the user of Sony Xperia Z2 and want to update the latest firmware, then follow the full guideline and install Android Nougat on Sony Xperia Z2 AOSP ROM.
The CyanogenMod14 has released this firmware for Sony Xperia Z2. It has all the features of Android Nougat 7.0 if you install this custom ROM on your smartphone. Then your smartphone performance will be better from the previous version, and your device will be tested on the latest firmware. So don’t be hesitated just follow up the tutorial and install Android Nougat on Sony Xperia Z2 CM14 custom ROM.
Before proceeding keep some important requirements.
- First, make sure your Xperia Z2 have unlocked bootloader.
- And also you have install custom recovery on your smartphone and your device must be rooted.
- This guideline only for Sony Xperia Z2 so doesn’t use this tutorial for another device.
- Backup your Xperia Z2 and save to the safe location, cause your data will be lost if you didn’t backup your device data.
- Charge your smartphone battery up to 70% before proceeding the process.
- Download the Android Nougat 7.0 ROM for Sony Xperia Z2. Download here
- Download the Nougat 7.0 Gapps for Sony Xperia Z2. Download here
- Follow the full guideline and don’t miss any step in the below tutorial. Cause if you get some problem during in process, then don’t blame smarts guide.
How to Install Android Nougat on Sony Xperia Z2 [CM14 custom ROM]
Step 1: First, download the Android Nougat 7.0 CM14 custom ROM and Gapps from the above link. And save on the internal storage of your phone.
Step 2: And do not extract the downloaded file.
Step 3: Now boot your Xperia Z2 to Recovery Mode. First Power OFF your device and then Power ON you smartphone, when the LED notification light on then press the Volume UP or Volume down button several times. Then you will enter into recovery menu.
Step 4: Once you are enter to TWRP Recovery main menu, then you will need to hard reset your Xperia Z2. For that tap on the wipe button and select the Advanced Wipe. And then select all Dalvik cache, System, Data and Cache options.
Step 5: Now go back to the TWRP main menu and tap the install option. And find the Android Nougat firmware and gain the installation process.
Step 6: And then go back and similarly install the Gapps on your device. Like you install in step 5.
Step 7: Once the both file installation is done, the go back to the TWRP Recovery main menu, and Reboot your smartphone.
That’s it! It’s simple to install Android Nougat on Sony Xperia Z2. Now enjoy your smartphone with a new look and great features.
If you want to ask a question, then leave the comments. We will try to contact you ASA possible.